The next time a man starts yelling at you, cut him off and tell him you just can’t talk to him when he’s being so emotional.
I have done this and can confirm that is a LOT of fun to watch them implode afterward.
have i mentioned yet how annoying it is when ppl don’t use cumberbatch’s actual name b/c then it doesn’t get caught by tumblr savior
Is Tumblr Savior open source? Because we could extend it for regexes.
Would catch most of them, and if it doesn’t, you could shame them for using combination where the words are fewer than three syllables (or use some really weird syllables that are mostly all different enunciated vowels)
i don’t know about tumblr savior but xkit’s blacklist is. someone should do this
this level of hate is inspiring
headcanon: tony has tried to buy rhode island and rename it rhodey island multiple times
every once in a while he switches it up and tries to buy the island of rhodes to do the same
as a result of the arguments that ensue, they both know a lot about greece
the first thing he tried to rig was the rhodes scholarship, back when they were at MIT, but rhodey found out before he could go too far. that’s when he realized he wasn’t thinking big enough.
little things that help:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
So I’ve been sitting on this gifset for a while, trying to think of how I want to parse this.
Maybe I’m following the wrong blogs, but I just do not see enough meta about Natasha’s story arc in this movie. This scene here is, to me, one of the three critical moments for Natasha that are the reasons she ends up being the one to release all of SHIELD’s data to the world.
As follows (quotes paraphrased as I don’t have the script):
- The first critical moment comes on the Lemurian Star, right after Batroc throws a grenade at her and Steve. They end up sitting on the floor and she says, “Okay, that one’s on me” and Steve replies “Damn right it is.” Her reaction to that isn’t disdain or frustration with Steve, it’s very clearly a form of disappointment — she’s upset with how Steve views her, his opinion of her. Sure, I’m reading a lot into that expression, but I think it is pretty masterful of ScarJo to show that side of Natasha in such an ambiguous way. The take-away here, however you want to describe it, is that Natasha’s unhappiness has less to do with being nearly blown up than with her working relationship with Steve. He doesn’t trust her, and that burns her.
- The above gif’d scene, where it’s clear that she’s pretty shocked and upset to hear Steve admit that previous to their current situation, he would NOT have trusted her. It’s a blow for her to realize just how she’s been perceived by those she’s given her complete trust and faith to.
- The scene where Fury’s survival is revealed is the final one, where Natasha reacts as if to a body blow when she realizes that Fury didn’t trust her, but he did trust Maria Hill. Earlier when he was “dying” it was clear that she’s somehow emotionally attached to Fury, and whatever reason you want to concoct for that, the fact is that she clearly believed that he did trust her…but he didn’t. My opinion of her reaction shot at the reveal is that she’s not angry about it, she’s heartbroken.
What I believe this all points to is really well reflected in her line to Steve, “I don’t know everything, I just act like I do” (paraphrased), and then reiterated in the truck ride where she talks about being the person she needs to be, as opposed to who she is.
In other words, Natasha is so good at being “whatever you need me to be” that it is exactly what the people who know her best expect of her, and accordingly don’t feel like she’s trustworthy because they don’t know the “real” her. Meanwhile she has been operating on the belief that they do know the real her and so therefore do trust her.
It’s like…a double blind situation, where both parties aren’t privy to the truth, even though they think they are. Everyone up to and including Fury “knows” that Natasha is a spy and nothing she says can be trusted; Natasha “knows” that the people she trusts see through that mask and trust her in return because they know the real her. She goes around in this movie constantly surprised and disarmed by the fact that her closest friends/co-workers doubt her loyalty.
So in the end, when Pierce is asking if she is ready for her past to be revealed, she is so fucking ready it hurts. She knows it is the right thing to do, but putting that on top of the experiences given above, it’s easy to see that she felt she had to do it for herself too.
Can she be trusted? You’re damn right she can, and she was willing to burn down her entire world to prove that fact to the very people she thought knew it already.
young avengers legacies & their namesakes/predecessors
Aww, thank you! I try.
JASON TODD • ROBIN
"I don’t care what you believe! Just ‘cause I’m a kid from Crime Alley don’t make me a liar! Not all adults are saints, y’know!"
East of West by Jonathan Hickman & nickdragotta
Lazarus by ruckawriter & Michael Lark
Nowhere Men by Eric Stephenson & fetorpse
Pretty Deadly by kellysue & steinerfrommars
Rat Queens by kurtiswiebe & johnnyrocwell
Saga by Brian K Vaughan & fionastaples
Sex Criminals by mattfractionblog & zdarsky
The Manhattan Projects by Jonathan Hickman & nickpitarra
Zero by aleskot & jordiecolorsthings
(Plus a whole lot of other people)
Facebook, I appreciate you telling me where to find single men in my area, but the blood sacrifice does not need to be renewed until April.
I run a camp for 9 to 12 year old girls and they decided that they wanted to have a superhero day. Many of them even created their own superheroes! It was a lot of fun and great to see a new generation of girls loving superheroes.
Marvel and DC Comics here are your future consumers! Bow low!
I absolutely do not have the willpower to finish this properly so I’m just going to put…. it….. here
marvel sam wilson cap would be the best possible thing to draw eli bradley out of sad librarian seclusion
marvel wouldn’t that be a great teamup
marvel wouldn’t that tie in nicely to stylish hawkeye and new young avengers
marvel i just really miss my guy elijah B(